Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Getting back into the swing of things...

I figured to show I'm making an effort here, I'll make a quick update of a couple things I've gotten done, or remembered since I posted last that should have been part of the uber-long update.

Goal #18 (Submit to PostSecret): I mailed my postcard last night. Not really expecting to see it show up on the site, but I'm glad I did it anyhow.

Goal #20 (Complete a 26 Things List): I visited www.sh1ft.org and discovered that 26 things is apparently an annual event, and it was held in November. So I think what I'm going to do is take the Scavenger Hunt list from this year and do it on my own, and upload it onto a photosharing site, just like I would have if I had participated in the November event.

Goal #22 (Try 5 new foods): I tried tomato pudding (not as gross as it sounds, but not my cup of tea) and Divinity at the staff Christmas party in Iron Mt. last week, and then I tried candied apple with my potato pancakes at the Swedish Pantry with Nancy and Pasqua yesterday. So, adding those new foods to the previously mentioned kale and avocado, I have achieved my goal. Woohoo!

Goal #23 (Eat at 5 new restaurants): I realized that I forgot to mention having my birthday dinner at Beachcombers with Codi, which gives me 2/5 rather than just the one. I also ate at a Tim Horton's downstate, but since it was just a grilled ham & cheese sandwich, I'm not really counting it.

Goal #24 (Cook/Bake 10 new dishes): I forgot to mention in the last post that I made pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes and Leftover Turkey Chowder over Thanksgiving weekend, giving me 2/10. I'm also hoping to make a couple new dishes during the upcoming Christmas weekend.

So, I think that catches me up for the moment. I'm attempting to get things more organized, which will hopefully make my 101 goals go a bit smoother, Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment