Monday, January 10, 2011

And We're Off...

After just over a week, my progress on the list looks something like this:

-   Completed Goal #80 (Encourage someone else to do "101 in 1,001") - Codi (my sister) & Sam (my bestie) have helped me out with this one (Thanks, Ladies!)
-   Working on Book 1 for Goal #11 - I'm about 1/4 of the way through "A Tale of Two Cities" and trying to read at least a few pages every day, even though it's not the easiest bit of reading I've ever done.
-   I've watched 2 of the movies for Goal #12 (Watch 20 Movies from AFI's 100 Greatest American Films list) - Codi & her husband Mike & I have watched "Casablanca" and "Bonnie & Clyde", and are planning to attempt a weekly "Classic Movie Night." I also picked up a copy of "Rocky" for $1 at a local movie rental store and added a bunch of the classics to my NetFlix Queue. (While browsing the Classics section at Family Video their copy of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" caught my eye, and I decided to rent it, even though it's not on my list. It was insane - I loved it. I think I need to get a copy to add to my DVD collection.)
-   I registered for PostCrossing (Goal #19), got an address, and will be sending the postcard out today, to a girl in Finland.
-  I also registered for a penpal site, (Goal #14) but haven't gotten an address from that site as of yet. I did, however, get an address from a site called "Beyond the Wall", which does penpals for inmates, and I'll be sending out a letter to one of their members today.
-   I found out that my goddaughter's father, Anthony, works with Bonsai trees as a hobby, and he's offered to help me out by giving me one and teaching me about them. (Goal #91 - Get a Bonsai Tree)
-   I started my list of "101 Things That Make Me Happy;" I've currently got 11 items - you can find the list at the bottom of the page. (Goal #31)
-  I've got a swear jar (Goal #43) - and if I keep going the way I am, it'll be full in no time. I never realized what a dirty mouth I have.

On the agenda for this week:
-  I started back on my meds (Goal #82: Take meds daily for a month 20x)
-  Getting in three 30 min workouts (Goal # 68) - got one in Sunday morning, two more to go.
- Continuing with the Swear Jar - & trying to get a grip on the language.
-  Continuing with "Tale of Two Cities"
- Finding a PenPal address
- Doing a BookCrossing Drop (Goal # 47)
- Buying a planner (Goal # 58 - Start using a planner to stay organized)
- Watching another movie - Planning on watching "American Graffiti" Thursday night with Codi & Mike as long as NetFlix comes through on time. Otherwise we'll be finding a substitute movie.

If I get a chance to tackle other things this week, I'll give it a shot. We're in the final stretch for a massive project at work though, so the next 2 weeks are going to be insane...hopefully I can tackle some bigger things toward the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment